Moms, you rock. You aren’t told that enough. Here is a list of reasons why you are amazing, and this world cannot function without you.
- You remembered the snacks. THANK GOODNESS you remembered the snacks.
- You bring your whiney, grumpy, sleepy tots to church on Sundays and endure the agony of it all with a smile on your face.
- You worked all day. ALL day.
- Your family has clean clothes to wear; thanks for that!
- You got those birthday cards, anniversary cards, and sympathy cards sent out to your loved ones.
- You changed the toilet paper roll, took out the garbage, and picked up the little kid (and husband) underwear off the bathroom floor.
- The family is fed. Lucky Charms? Who cares; they are fed.
- You did all of the household shopping with kids in tow and didn’t forget a thing (or at least nothing you have to admit).
- Somehow in the mad rush to get out of the house this morning, you remembered to get dressed yourself.
- You also remembered to feed the dog. The dog thanks you.
Mom friends, I know why you don’t have time to text or call or get together often. I understand why life gets crazy. I am living it.
You are a rockstar! Keep up the good fight, moms!
From my mess to yours,
The Displaced City Girl