My friend Carly told me about the Liebster Award which is something within the blogging community. I had never heard of it before, but it is a good way to bring attention to small blogs. So, here I go to play along in the fun!
- I had my tongue pierced when I was 18.
- I take baths instead of showers.
- My husband and I got engaged after only dating for 9 months. We will celebrate our 4 year anniversary in January.
- I teach children how to read, but become discouraged because of their lack of interest or excitement for it.
- My sister and I grew up wearing old man pants, 80s t-shirts, and other thrift store finds. We grew up to be Born-wearing, crossover-driving, farm/ranch wives.
- Wally Lamb is one of my favorite authors.
- It breaks my heart when I see people who are deliberately mean to others.
- Diet Coke in a can is one of my weaknesses.
- I have no tattoos.
- Pickleball is the only “sport” I have ever been much good at.
- Who/what is your inspiration?
The people around me who never seem to let things get them down and are always themselves are my inspiration.
- What made you want to start a blog?
I like to write, and it was suggested to me that I write about my adventures on the ranch.
- How do you feel about where society is as a whole?
It scares me. I worry about what the future holds for Gunder.
- What’s your goal for the end of 2014?
To feel satisfaction in my career and continue to work on being more laid back.
- If you had a blank check handed to you right now, how would you spend it?
I would pay off our house and both vehicles.
- Favorite hobby?
- What advice would you give to former you 10 years ago?
You are great and beautiful. Don’t worry so much about what others think.
- If you could get a fully paid college education starting tomorrow, would you take it?
Yes. I would go for my Ph.D.
- Where would you like to visit?
Right now, my parents’ house
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve eaten?
Frog legs or Rocky Mountain oysters
- What are your thoughts on time travel?
I think it would be cool if it existed. I would go back to the 1880s on the South Dakota prairie.
My 11 Questions
- If you could redo one thing from your past, what would it be?
- What is your favorite book?
- Where is the best place you have visited?
- Who do you miss?
- If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?
- Have you ever lied about your weight?
- Are you a coffee drinker?
- Do you wear any clothing items that you have owned for more than ten years?
- If you could trade in your current vehicle for any other, what would it be?
- What would you like children to learn in school?
I am nominating my cousin Kristin, my husband’s cousin Angela, and my friend Dan for the Liebster award and would love if they played along (These are the three blogs I either read the most or think more people should know about)! Please check out their blogs @